Postal Address: PO Box 79 Avoca 3467
Officer Bearers for 2021 - 2022 are:
President: Lyn Mather
Vice President: Hugh Forster
Secretary: Marg Pilgrim
Treasurer: Johann Westin
Committee: All of the above, plus: Robyn and Chris Cocking, Sarah Neil, Julie Driscoll-Bendigo Bank rep.
The purposes of Advance Avoca Inc are:
To provide strategic direction for the marketing and promotion of Business & Tourism sectors, improvement and development of town utilities and infrastructure, as well as supporting community groups by "keeping people in touch with people".
Committee Meetings: the committee will now meet on the 3rd Monday in the months of February, April, June, August October and November at 7 pm in the RTC Room behind the Avoca Information Centre. (Enter from Rutherford St )
Open Forums: In March, May and September the committee will address issues of importance and invite the members, residents, community & sporting group representatives, and business owners to an open forum to engage their ideas and have input into the decision making process.
The AGM is held on the 3rd Monday of July.
Membership Form :
History: Avoca Business & Tourism Inc was incorporated in 1999 following the restructuring of the original Avoca Chamber of Commerce.
Advance Avoca Inc. invites you to participate in progressing our town.
Your ideas and suggestions are welcomed. We are always seeking to improve our attractions.
Advance Avoca Inc Achievements
· Avoca Community Website and edited the community newsletter – 2008 onwards
· DeSal Plant to improve water quality for Avoca
· Natural Gas brought to Avoca
· Maryborough Ararat Railway Line reopened
· Established & managed the Avoca Riverside Market until Covid 19 restrictions intervened.
· Facilitated the development of the Avoca Community Action Plan –Priority list since 2006
· Worked with MDHS to conduct another Inspiring Health Week Avoca event in 2017-19
· Co hosted (with PSC) community NBN information session
· Investigated options for increasing doctor services for Avoca and fundraised to refurbish an appropriate building & provide telecommunication infrastructure.
· Auspiced the grant application by the Avoca
District Co-operative for the Playspace in High St and the replacement of Shelter in High St
· Liaised with RSL Avoca Sub Branch and PSC to
a) facilitate the Renovations to the cenotaph and
b) ACAG to complete the Avenue of Honour
Storyboards and Place of Contemplation.
· Hosted the Town Garage Sales for 10years
· Host the annual Community Christmas Party
· Had a rep on the Shire’s Activate Avoca Reference Group re Streetscape